5/12/2007

Soap Opera

I had never interested in foreign soap opera.
After all I love Japanese ones.
But now I have been in the USA.
In the USA, almost evry TV programs are closedcaptioned.
So I can watch TV programs a little.
Though there is closedcaption, it is difficult to watch TV.
How fast it is!
But I think that watching TV is to sutudy English, even if I read closedcaption.
Because that is to practice listening, memorizing daily pharases and reading from the front of sentences.
TV Programs which I recentry watch are soap opera, sometimes ones for chidren.
I was recommended to watch sope opera that is 'Desperate Houswives' by my friend in Japan.
She love it a lot, rather watches some other ones in Japan, for example ER, Lost and so on.
So I was going to watch 'Desparate Houswives'.

This is one of the most popular soap opera in the USA.
The show takes place on the fictional Wisteria Lane in the American suburban town.
It follows the lives of five women, Susan, Lynette, Gabrielle and Bree(I have never seen her...).
They work through domestic struggles while several mysteries unfold in the background.
I think that...
Susan is a tremendously intense woman, but pretty.
She is single now, has a doughter and is just now in love in season 3.
Lynette is smart, a mother who has four children, lives with her husband and children.
She falls in love with a man who works together. But she decided not to meet him.
Gabrielle is cheerful, but sometimes extreme.
She will marry a man who is a mayor.

Anyway 'Desperate Housewives' combines many styles such as drama, comedy, mystery, thriller, farce, camp, sope opera and satire.
I enjoy watching this on Sunday.
I order this DVD, which is season 1, from Amazon now.
I can't wait!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desperate_Housewives
日本でもシーズン2までNHKで放送されている.
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/kaigai/dh/index.html

I sometimes watches 'Days of our Lives' too.
This is interesting. But I don't know detailed story yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_our_lives

0 件のコメント: